- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You may not post nude, partially nude, or sexually suggestive photos.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Petworld users.
- You may not use the Petworld service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, profiles, audio and video clips, links (“Content”) that you submit, post, and display on the Petworld service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Petworld or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Petworld.
- You must not access Petworld’s private API by any other means other than the Petworld application itself.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Petworld including but not limited to user profiles and photos.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Petworld members (“Spam”).
- You must not use web URLs in your name without prior written consent from Petworld.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Petworld, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Petworld account. While Petworld prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Petworld cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Petworld service at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Petworld service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to force forfeiture of any username that becomes inactive, violates trademark, or may mislead other users.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Proprietary Rights in Content on Petworld
- Petworld does NOT claim ANY ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you post on or through the Petworld Services. By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the Petworld Services, you hereby grant to Petworld a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content not shared publicly (“private”) will not be distributed outside the Petworld Services.
- Some of the Petworld Services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Petworld may place such advertising and promotions on the Petworld Services or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Petworld Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, (ii) the posting and use of your Content on or through the Petworld Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person, and (iii) the posting of your Content on the Site does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of Content you post on or through the Petworld Services.
- The Petworld Services contain Content of Petworld (“Petworld Content”). Petworld Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Petworld owns and retains all rights in the Petworld Content and the Petworld Services. Petworld hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Petworld Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Site and using the Petworld Services.
- The Petworld Services contain Content of Users and other Petworld licensors. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Petworld Services.
- Petworld performs technical functions necessary to offer the Petworld Services, including but not limited to transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout the Petworld Services.
- Although the Site and other Petworld Services are normally available, there will be occasions when the Site or other Petworld Services will be interrupted for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and equipment that are beyond the control of Petworld. Also, although Petworld will normally only delete Content that violates this Agreement, Petworld reserves the right to delete any Content for any reason, without prior notice. Deleted content may be stored by Petworld in order to comply with certain legal obligations and is not retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Petworld encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Petworld is not a backup service. Petworld will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Petworld Services, or the loss of any Content.